Thank you to Shyla for nominating this site for a Liebster award, which celebrates new blogs. Check out her site! Great stories!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions your nominator has asked.
- Nominate up to 11 bloggers with less than 1000 followers.
- Ask them 11 new questions or the same ones you were asked.
- Let the bloggers you nominate know!
- Copy the rules into your post.
Eleven random facts:
1. I have a certificate in Ethnobotany.
2. I cannot properly flip anyone the bird. : (
3. I am not a big horror movie fan, even though I write some creepy stuff!
4. I have a giant dog with a tiny head.
5. I have two cats that I am pretty sure are actually just enchanted stuffed animals.
6. I mostly have posted paintings on my site, but my skill is definitely in sketching!
7. Seven is my favorite number.
8. My favorite color is grey, which I prefer to spell with an E just because it looks nicer than gray.
9. I am running out of random facts.
10. I have never been good at these things.
11. Yes, indeed.
Eleven questions from Shyla:
How did you come up with your blog concept?
I love writing short stories and flash fiction, and wanted to see if there was any interest in my writing. I have a few ideas for novels floating around, so I thought a blog was a good place to start.
What inspires you to keep blogging?
The feedback, and seeing the countries on the stats map light up when I have a new visitor! So thrilling to see that someone across the world has seen something that I have posted!
What are you currently reading (or most recently read)?
I recently finished The Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, and I am midway through Bill Nye’s book on evolution.
What’s the scariest book you’ve ever read?
I read a bunch of cheesy vampire novellas when I was too young, and those stuck with me for a long time… I put garlic cloves in my windowsill. :>
Are you a night owl or a morning bird?
I can be both, but generally my favorite wake up time is around 8 or 9.
What in your life are you most proud of?
My educational endeavors.
Who is your hero?
I have so much respect for Malala Yousafzai, her book was incredible.
Do you have a phobia? If so, what is it?
No phobias, though I am a big wimp when it comes to spiders and creepy crawlies.
If you were to write the story of you, what genre would it be and why?
Definitely satire. I mock myself pretty regularly.
What is the best movie you’ve seen recently?
I really enjoyed A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night & Mad Max: Fury Road
What’s your biggest pet peeve?
The use of the word irregardless. It just means regardless!
- Name your top 5 favorite authors! (This counts as 5 questions.)
- Name your top 5 favorite books! (This also counts as 5 questions.)
- Watermelon or werewolf?